Center For Yoga
Center For Yoga
This Agreement was last revised on August 2, 2021.
- Use of Our Service.
- Overview. The Service is a place that offers health and fitness information, is for educational and entertainment purposes, and enables yoga students, from beginners to experts, to learn about and explore the techniques, exercises, classes, and events offered by us at our Southern California yoga studio locations and online via the Service. Registered Users (“Members”) are able to access exclusive non-public fitness content and sign up for our classes and events. By enabling Users to find, view, and learn about our yoga offerings, Center For Yoga’s goal is to generate a community of yoga enthusiasts committed to bettering themselves and others.
Center For Yoga grants you permission to use the Service as set forth in this Agreement, provided that: (i) you will not copy, distribute, or disclose any part of the Service in any medium; (ii) you will not alter or modify any part of the Service other than as may be reasonably necessary to use the Service for its intended purpose; (iii) prior to participating in any of our online yoga offerings, you will inspect your facilities and equipment to be used, and agree to immediately stop the exercise if you think anything is unsafe; (iv) you acknowledge, accept and agree that there are certain health and safety risks involved in participating in our yoga classes, and that accept such risks, and (v) you will otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Eligibility. Use of the Service is void where prohibited. This Service is intended solely for Users who are sixteen (16) years of age or older, and any registration, use or access to the Service by anyone under 16 is unauthorized, unlicensed, and in violation of this Agreement. Center For Yoga may terminate your account, delete any content or information that you have posted on the Service, and/or prohibit you from using or accessing the Service (or any portion, aspect or feature of the Service) for any reason, at any time in its sole discretion, with or without notice, including without limitation if it believes that you are under 16. If you are over 16 years of age and under 18 years of age you may use the Service only if you either are an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this Agreement, and to abide by and comply with this Agreement.
IF YOU ARE A PARENT OR GUARDIAN AND YOU PROVIDE YOUR CONSENT TO THE REGISTRATION OF YOUR CHILD WHO IS 16 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER WITH THE SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT WITH RESPECT TO, THROUGH, AND IN CONNECTION WITH SUCH REGISTRATION AND USE.
- Health and Safety Risks.
Please read the following section carefully as it discusses important risks to your health and safety, as well as your acceptance and assumption of those risks. BY ACCESSING THE SERVICE, YOU UNDERSTAND, ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE AS FOLLOWS:
- Injury Risk from Physical Activity. You acknowledge that participation in physical activity and exercise involves the risk of injury. Such risk is inherent to exercise and physical activity, and specific and significant injury risks to you include but are not limited to: injuries resulting from overexertion, physical adjustment, improper or negligent use of recommended equipment, failure to follow teacher instructions, injuries resulting from participation in an inappropriate level of physical exercise, paralysis and possibly death. You should discontinue exercise in cases where it causes pain or severe discomfort and should consult a medical expert prior to returning to exercise in such cases. Your use of the Service may involve strenuous physical exercise and activity that is potentially hazardous and dangerous and may involve significant physical and emotional stress and exertion. The Service is intended for use only by individuals healthy enough to perform strenuous exercise, including strength, flexibility, speed and endurance-based physical activities. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE AND PERFORMANCE OF ANY AND ALL EXERCISES AND ACTIVITIES DURING USE OF THE OFFERING, INCLUDING AS MAY BE RECOMMENDED BY THE OFFERING, IS WHOLLY AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND YOU HEREBY AGREE TO EXPRESSLY ASSUME AND ACCEPT ANY AND ALL KNOWN AND UNKNOWN RISKS AND RESPONSIBILITY OF INJURY, PHYSICAL HARM OR DEATH ARSING FROM YOUR USE OF THE OFFERING, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Your Personal Health Representations and Warranties to use the Service. You represent, warrant, and covenant that all of the following are true and correct: (i) you are of sound mind and body and do not suffer from any illness, impairment, disease or other condition that would prevent you from safely using the Service; (ii) no physician, general practitioner or other medical care provider has ever informed you that you have a heart condition, have high blood pressure, or that you should only do physical activities recommended by a physician or general practitioner; (iii) you do not have a medical, physical or mental condition that would prevent you from properly and safely using the Service or put you in any physical or medical danger as a result of participating in the Service; (iv) you agree to follow the recommendations of medical professionals regarding engaging in exercise; (v) you are not pregnant, breastfeeding or lactating; and (vi) you do not know of any other reason you should not, or are limited with respect to, exercise. If any of the foregoing statements ceases to be true at any time, you acknowledge and agree that you must cease using the Service until you specifically consult with your physician regarding your use of the Service and your physician approves your resumption of Service use.
- Term and Termination. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Service.
Center For Yoga may permanently or temporarily terminate, suspend, or otherwise refuse to permit your access to the Service without notice and liability, if, in Center For Yoga’s sole determination, you violate any of terms of this Agreement, including the following prohibited actions: (i) attempting to interfere with, compromise the system integrity or security or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Service; (ii) taking any action that imposes, or may impose at our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (iii) uploading invalid data, viruses, worms, or other software agents through the Service; (iv) impersonating another person or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity, conducting fraud, hiding or attempting to hide your identity; (v) interfering with the proper working of the Service; or, (vi) bypassing the measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service, including, but not limited to, registering for the Service with an email address that is not rightfully yours.
- Membership Accounts. If you wish to sign up for our classes and events, you will need to register with Center For Yoga and create a “Member” account by direct registration on the Service. Your membership account gives you access to the services and functionality that we may establish and maintain from time to time and in our sole discretion. You may use your account settings to control your Member Profile.
- Password and Email. When you sign up to become a Member, you will also be asked to choose a permanent password and supply your email address. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to notify Center For Yoga immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account, and the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. You must notify Center For Yoga immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. Although Center For Yoga will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, you shall be liable for the losses of Center For Yoga or others due to such unauthorized use.
- Communications and Notifications. By providing Center For Yoga with your email address, you consent to our use of the email address to send you Service-related notices, including, among other things, notices required by law, in lieu of postal mail. We may also use your email address to send you other messages, including changes to Center For Yoga features, marketing messages, and special offers. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you may opt out by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email, sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending mail to the following postal address:
Center For Yoga
230 ½ N. Larchmont Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90004
Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or special offers.
- Requirements. Member accounts are limited to one account per person. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You may not create or use an account for anyone other than yourself, provide an email address other than your own, or create multiple Membership Accounts. Additionally, you may not impersonate someone else (e.g., adopt the identity of a co-worker). You may never use another Member’s account without permission. Although Center For Yoga will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, you shall be liable for the losses of Center For Yoga or others due to such unauthorized use.
- Usage Permissions and Restrictions.
- Personal Use. The Service is for the personal use of Members only.
- Non-Commercial Use. The Service may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or expressly approved in writing by Center For Yoga.
- Restrictions. You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” etc., that accesses the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the Center For Yoga servers than a human can reasonably produce in the same period of time by using a conventional on-line web browser. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the Center For Yoga Service, including collecting and/or harvesting personally identifiable information, including usernames and/or email addresses of Members, by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending spam, unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the website is prohibited. You agree not to use any portion of the Service as a destination linked from any unsolicited bulk messages or unsolicited commercial messages. Appropriate legal action will be taken for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Center For Yoga Service.
- Billing and Payments.
- General. You acknowledge that Center For Yoga may charge a fee for the use of any aspect of the Service, provided that Center For Yoga notifies you of any such fee before you incur it. Subject to the foregoing, you agree to pay any fees incurred by you. Member agrees to pay for all products ordered through the Website using the payment method indicated, and provides Center For Yoga and its third party payment processors express authorization to charge said fees to the Member’s payment provider at time of purchase or renewal. Fees owed depend on the specific type and quantity of Center For Yoga products, services, information, or deliverables (collectively “Deliverables”) ordered. Payment of fees shall not be contingent on any events other than the delivery of the ordered Deliverables. Any attorney fees, court costs, or other costs incurred in collection of delinquent undisputed amounts shall be the responsibility of and paid for by Member. If payment is not current, Center For Yoga may immediately cease to provide any and all Deliverables to the Member.
It is the Member’s responsibility to promptly provide Center For Yoga with any contact information changes or updates (including phone number, email address, physical address, etc.). Account updates should be made online via the “My Account” section, once member has logged into the Service. Center For Yoga does not validate all credit card information required by the Member’s payment provider to secure payment.
Orders may be charged, fulfilled and processed by an authorized third-party partner of Center For Yoga, in which case any refunds, charge-backs, returns or product substitutions will be subject to the discretion and policies of such third party provider. Center For Yoga does not store or retain your credit card information; such payment fulfillment functions are performed by our third-party service providers MINDBODY Inc. and Zenrez Corporation, and your submission of your information to such providers is subject to the online policies of the applicable provider which processed your order.
All sales are final, non-cancelable and non-refundable except as expressly set forth in this Agreement or as otherwise determined by us in our sole discretion.
- Subscription Fees. Center For Yoga charges a monthly subscription fee for your ability to have unlimited access to our classes. Depending upon the number of classes which a Member signs up for and attends, monthly subscriptions may, in total, customarily average less than class pricing purchased on an a la carte basis. Subscriptions for annual, semi-annual, and multi-year subscriptions may, in total, customarily average less per month during such subscription period than the cost of a month-to-month subscription, provided the Member remains a subscriber for the full time period of such subscription.
iii. Subscription Renewal and Cancellation. Subscriptions will automatically renew using the Member’s current credit card account number unless Member cancels their subscription prior to the renewal date for such subscription by visiting the “My Account” section and selecting the “Cancel” option.
In the event of a price change, we will attempt to notify you in advance by sending an email to the email address you have registered for your account. If you do not wish to accept a price change, you may cancel your subscription in accordance with the instructions for cancellation below. If you do not cancel your subscription after the price change and prior to the start of your new subscription period, your subscription will be renewed at the price in effect at the time of the renewal, without any additional action by you, and you authorize us to charge your payment method for these amounts.
You may cancel your subscription at any time. All refunds that may be associated with a cancellation will customarily be processed within ten (10) business days. Prepaid fees for annual, semi-annual, and multi-year subscriptions will be refunded based on the number of months remaining on the contract period, beginning with the month following receipt of written cancellation, but may be subject to adjustment according to current product pricing and subject to adjustment for any incentives or discounts provided for said prepayment. To request a refund, please contact Center For Yoga at email@example.com.
Once the cancellation is processed, a confirmation email will be sent via the Member’s email account on record with Center For Yoga. If Member has a question about a cancellation, Member should contact Center For Yoga at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Company reserves the right to change its fees or billing methods at any time. The Company will provide timely notice to the affected Members of any such changes.
- Prices. All pricing is in United States dollars. Prices are current at the time of publication and are subject to change without notice.
- Discrepancies. The Member must notify Center For Yoga about any billing problems or discrepancies within sixty (60) days after charges first appear on their Account statement. If it is not brought to Center For Yoga’s attention within 60 days, Member agrees to waive their right to dispute such problems or discrepancies.
- Taxes. Member will be responsible for any applicable sales or use tax, duties, or other governmental taxes or fees payable in connection with the Member’s sale or purchase. If you do not pay such sales or other tax or fee on a transaction, you will be responsible for such taxes or fees in the event that they are later determined to be payable on such sale, and Center For Yoga reserves the right to collect such taxes or other fees from you at any time.
- License Grant.
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you are hereby granted a non-exclusive, limited, personal license to use the Service. Center For Yoga reserves all rights not expressly granted herein in the Service and the Content (as defined below). Center For Yoga may terminate this license at any time for any reason or no reason.
- Proprietary Rights.
- Intellectual Property Rights. For the purposes of this Agreement, “Intellectual Property Rights” means all patent rights, copyright rights, mask work rights, moral rights, rights of publicity, trademark, trade dress and service mark rights, goodwill, trade secret rights and other intellectual property rights as may now exist or hereafter come into existence, and all applications therefore and registrations, renewals and extensions thereof, under the laws of any state, country, territory or other jurisdiction.
- Content. Except for your User Content, the Service and its materials, including, without limitation, software, images, text, graphics, illustrations, logos, patents, trademarks, service marks, copyrights, photographs, audio, videos and music (the “Content”), and all Intellectual Property Rights related thereto, are the exclusive property of Center For Yoga and its licensors. Except as explicitly provided herein, nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to create a license in or under any such Intellectual Property Rights, and you agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works from any materials or content accessible on the Service. Use of the Content or materials on the Service for any purpose not expressly permitted by this Agreement is strictly prohibited.
- Ideas and Comments. You may choose to or we may invite you to submit comments or ideas about the Service, including without limitation about how to improve the Service or our products (“Ideas”). By submitting any Idea, you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place Center For Yoga under any fiduciary or other obligation, that we are free to disclose the Ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the Ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Center For Yoga does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Center For Yoga, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
- Trademarks. “Center For Yoga”, and other Service graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are trademarks, registered trademarks or trade dress of Center For Yoga, Inc., a California corporation, and/or its licensors and affiliates. Center For Yoga’s trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not Center For Yoga’s, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Center For Yoga. All other trademarks not owned by Center For Yoga that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by Center For Yoga.
- User Content and User Content Responsibility.
You agree not to post User Content that: (i) may create a risk of harm, loss, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to you, to any other person, or to any animal; (ii) may create a risk of any other loss or damage to any person or property; (iii) may constitute or contribute to a crime or tort; (iv) contains any information or content that is unlawful, harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, harassing, humiliating to other people (publicly or otherwise), libelous, threatening, or otherwise objectionable; (v) contains any information or content that is illegal; (vi) contains any information or content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; or (vii) contains any information or content that you know is not correct and current. You agree that any User Content that you post does not and will not violate third-party rights of any kind, including without limitation any Intellectual Property Rights (as defined above), rights of publicity and privacy. You understand that publishing your User Content on the Service is not a substitute for registering it with the U.S. Copyright Office, the Writer’s Guild of America, or any other rights organization.
- Responsibility for User Content. Center For Yoga takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content that you or any other Users or third parties post or send over the Service. You understand and agree that any loss or damage of any kind that occurs as a result of the use of any User Content that you send, upload, download, stream, post, transmit, display, or otherwise make available or access through your use of the Service, is solely your responsibility. In the event that you elect to download User Content, Center For Yoga recommends that you only download or access files from a trusted source and implement security measures to scan downloaded files for contaminants. Center For Yoga disclaims any responsibility or liability relating to your access to or downloading of User Content. Center For Yoga is not responsible for any public display or misuse of your User Content. You understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to User Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree that Center For Yoga shall not be liable for any damages you allege to incur as a result of such User Content.
- Additional Representations and Warranties. You shall be solely responsible for your own User Content and the consequences of posting or publishing it. In connection with User Content, you affirm, represent and warrant, in addition to the other representations and warranties in this Agreement, the following: (i) You are at least 18 years of age, or if you are under 18 years of age you are either an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this Agreement, and to abide by and comply with this Agreement; and (ii) Your User Content and Center For Yoga’s use thereof as contemplated by this Agreement and the Service will not infringe any rights of any third party, including but not limited to any Intellectual Property Rights, privacy rights and rights of publicity.
- Informational Purpose.
- No Reliance; Not Medical Advice. The Service, and the Content therein, is for informational purposes only. This site is meant to be used as a means to learn about various yoga regimens, poses and exercises, as an overview of our yoga offerings available at our locations in Southern California, and to engage in our yoga classes remotely via the Internet in your own physical environment, each and all of which may or may not be suitable for you. In no way should the Content contained in the Service be relied upon, or be a substitute for, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and is not intended to replace the relationship between you and your medical provider. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or change in health. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read or viewed on or through Center For Yoga Service! All Content is subject to modification, change and/or being withdrawn at any time in the sole discretion of Center For Yoga and its affiliates. Instructions or guidance provided on our Service is not a substitute for listening to your own body. Reliance on any information provided by Center For Yoga, Center For Yoga employees, others appearing on the Service at the invitation of Center For Yoga, or other visitors to the Service is solely at your own risk and is not medical or healthcare advice.
We are not a licensed medical care provider and have no expertise in diagnosing, examining, preventing, or treating medical conditions of any kind, or in determining the effect of any food or exercise on a medical condition. You should always consult a physician before changing your diet and/or fitness regimen. Certain foods, exercises, treatments, and activities may not be suitable for you. You should consult with your physician before following any instructions you receive through the Service or participating in any event or exercise available on or through the Service. Not all activities described on the Service are suitable for everyone. IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL YOUR DOCTOR OR 911 IMMEDIATELY.
- Benefits. No federal, state or other agency has judged the merits or the value of the Content. Past performance of participants in exercises, fitness routines or regimens, or similar activities does not guarantee and is not indicative of future results.
- Studio Descriptions. All descriptions of buildings, facilities, or improvements are for illustrative purposes only. Each of our fitness studios has different features.
- Depictions. The photographs contained in this website may be stock photography or may have been taken off-site from our fitness studios. Such photographs are used in this website to depict the aspirational spirit of the lifestyles to be achieved rather than any that may exist or that may be proposed, and are merely intended as illustrations of the activities and concepts depicted therein.
- Practitioner/Instructor Content. The views, thoughts, and opinions expressed by instructors on the Service belong solely to the author and are not those of Center For Yoga, its officers, employees, or affiliates. Any assumptions in any analysis or recommendations made in such content are not reflective of any other person or entity other than the instructor, who may change his/her thoughts, views and opinions at any time, and should not be held to such views in perpetuity.
- DMCA Copyright Policy. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way, any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is the policy of Center For Yoga to terminate Membership privileges of any Member who repeatedly infringes the copyright rights of others upon receipt of prompt notification to Center For Yoga by the copyright owner or the copyright owner’s legal agent.
Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Center For Yoga Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information: (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (iii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Center For Yoga Service; (iv) your address, telephone number, and email address; (v) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Please provide this information to:
Copyright Notices – Center For Yoga
230 ½ N. Larchmont Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90004
UNDER FEDERAL LAW, IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE MATERIAL IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION FOR PERJURY AND CIVIL PENALTIES, INCLUDING MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES.
Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying Center For Yoga and its affiliates that your copyrighted material has been infringed. The preceding requirements are intended to comply with Center For Yoga’s rights and obligations under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), including 17 U.S.C. §512(c), but do not constitute legal advice. It may be advisable to contact an attorney regarding your rights and obligations under the DMCA and other applicable laws.
In accordance with the DMCA and other applicable law, Center For Yoga has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at Center For Yoga’s sole discretion, members who are deemed to be repeat infringers. Center For Yoga may also, at its sole discretion, limit access to the Service and/or terminate the accounts of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
Counter-Notice. If you believe that your User Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the material in your User Content, you may send a counter-notice to Center For Yoga’s copyright agent containing the following information: (i) your physical or electronic signature; (ii) identification of the User Content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the User Content appeared before it was removed or disabled; (iii) a statement that you have a good faith belief that the User Content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the User Content; and (iv) your name, address, telephone number, and email address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Los Angeles, California, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notice of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by Center For Yoga’s copyright agent, Center For Yoga may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed User Content or cease disabling it in ten (10) business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the User Content provider, Member, or User, the removed User Content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, in Center For Yoga’s sole discretion.
- Mobile Use
Center For Yoga makes available a version of its Service for use with mobile devices (the “Center For Yoga Application”). You acknowledge that certain services, such as offers, location-based services, and service-related information (such as the availability of Center For Yoga Application upgrades), may be provided from time to time in the form of text (SMS) messages delivered to your registered mobile device instead of directly through the Application. By registering your mobile device or providing us with your mobile phone number, you agree to receive such SMS-based communications to the mobile number associated with your registered mobile device. To opt-out of receiving these SMS-based communications, follow the instructions in the body of the SMS message. In the event you elect to opt-out of such SMS-based communications, you may receive an additional message from the Service confirming your election. Center For Yoga does not warrant that the text messaging service will be uninterrupted or error free.
Though you may access the Service via a mobile device, Center For Yoga shall not be liable for any delay in performing or failure to perform any obligation hereunder by circumstances beyond our reasonable control including (without limitation) any technical problems beyond the control of Center For Yoga such as (for example) defects, congestion or failures of capacity or otherwise in the public data or telephone or mobile carrier network or caused by atmospheric interference, your mobile device being turned off for an extended period of time so that messages are not retained, or your being unable to obtain mobile network coverage.
Center For Yoga has implemented commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information and User Content from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information and User Content for improper purposes. You acknowledge that you provide your personal information at your own risk.
- Third-Party Websites, Advertisers or Services.
Your dealings with or participation in promotions of advertisers to which you opt-in and/or find on the Service, including payment and delivery of goods, and any other terms (such as warranties) are solely between you and such advertisers. You agree that Center For Yoga shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of any sort relating to your dealings with such advertisers.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Center For Yoga and its subsidiaries, agents, and other affiliated companies, and the employees, contractors, agents, officers and directors of each, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Service, including any data transmitted or received by you; (ii) any injury, property damage, illness, disability, medical costs and expenses. death, loss of services or otherwise arising out of, relating to, or in connection with your engaging in any yoga or other fitness activity offered via the Service; (iii) your violation of any term of this Agreement, including without limitation, your breach of any of the representations and warranties above; (iv) your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any right of privacy, publicity rights or Intellectual Property Rights; (v) your violation of any law, rule or regulation of the United States or any other country; (vi) any claim or damages that arise as a result of your User Content or any information that is submitted by you or via your account; (vii) any claim or penalty from a taxing authority related to your activities on the Service; or (viii) any other party’s access and use of the Service with your unique username, password or other appropriate security code.
- No Warranty.
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, CENTER FOR YOGA, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE SERVICE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DOWNLOADED AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH DOWNLOAD.
CENTER FOR YOGA DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH CENTER FOR YOGA SERVICE AND CENTER FOR YOGA WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY MONITOR ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
- Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL CENTER FOR YOGA, ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS SERVICE. CENTER FOR YOGA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY MEMBER OR OTHER USER OF THE SERVICE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL CENTER FOR YOGA BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS OR INJURY RESULTING FROM HACKING, TAMPERING OR OTHER UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR USE OF THE SERVICE OR YOUR ACCOUNT OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, CENTER FOR YOGA ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT; (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING DEATH, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICE, INCLUDING VIEWING, PLAYING OR DOWNLOADING ANY MATERIALS ON OR FROM THE SERVICE, OR OTHERWISE IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE; (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN; (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SERVICE; (V) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE THAT MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICE BY ANY THIRD PARTY; (VI) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE; AND/OR (VII) USER CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY; AND/OR (VIII) ANY AND ALL RISKS AND RESPONSIBILITY OF INJURY, PHYSICAL HARM OR DEATH ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH ANY EQUIPMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL CENTER FOR YOGA, ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CLAIMS, PROCEEDINGS, LIABILITIES, OBLIGATIONS, DAMAGES, LOSSES OR COSTS IN AN AMOUNT EXCEEDING THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO CENTER FOR YOGA HEREUNDER.
THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SECTION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF CENTER FOR YOGA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
- Informal Resolution. If a dispute arises between You and Center For Yoga, you agree to first provide Center For Yoga with notice of your complaint via email to email@example.com so that the parties may attempt to resolve the dispute informally within sixty (60) days from the date your complaint is received.
- Arbitration Agreement.
With the exception of class actions, small claims court filings, or actions for preliminary injunctive relief (as further discussed below), any other dispute of any kind between you and Center For Yoga arising under this Agreement or in connection with your use of the Service (“Dispute(s)”), if unresolved through the informal process outlined above, will be resolved by binding arbitration in Los Angeles County, California. If you are an individual consumer using the Service primarily for personal reasons (“Individual Consumer”), as opposed to an individual accessing the Service for business purposes, and you are located within the United States, you may alternatively select your state of residence as the place of arbitration, but all other actions remain subject to the venue and choice of law provisions in Section 19.B.
The arbitrator presiding over a Dispute will be a retired judge or justice of any state or federal court with substantial experience in the subject matter relevant to the matter in dispute and will follow California law, exclusive of conflict or choice of law rules, in adjudicating the dispute. BY AGREEING TO ARBITRATE, YOU WAIVE ANY RIGHT YOU HAVE TO A COURT OR JURY TRIAL.
The parties acknowledge that this Agreement evidences a transaction involving interstate commerce. Notwithstanding the provision in the preceding paragraph with respect to applicable substantive law, any arbitration conducted pursuant to the terms of this Agreement will be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act.
The parties agree that the arbitrator presiding over a Dispute will be instructed, whenever practicable, to resolve threshold legal issues by way of motions filed by the parties. The parties also agree that they will follow JAMS’ streamlined arbitration rules and procedures then in effect in arbitrating any Dispute, except to the extent that the JAMS rules are inconsistent with this Section 19.C including the class action waiver described below. The JAMS rules are available at www.jamsadr.com.
Both parties reserve the right to seek a preliminary injunction or temporary restraining order from a federal or state court located in Los Angeles County, California. However, after such request for relief has been adjudicated by such court, the remainder of the Dispute will be resolved by binding arbitration as set forth herein.
(2) Class Action Waiver.
IF YOU ARE A NEW USER OF THE SERVICE, YOU CAN CHOOSE TO REJECT THE AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE PROVISION (“OPT-OUT”) BY EMAILING US AN OPT-OUT NOTICE TO INFO@CENTERFORYOGALA.COM (“OPT-OUT NOTICE”) OR VIA U.S. MAIL TO: Center For Yoga, Attn: Arbitration Opt-Out, 230 ½ N. Larchmont Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90004. THE OPT-OUT NOTICE MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN THIRTY (30) DAYS AFTER THE DATE YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS FOR THE FIRST TIME. IF YOU ARE NOT A NEW USER OF THE SERVICE, YOU HAVE UNTIL THIRTY (30) DAYS AFTER THE POSTING OF THE NEW TERMS TO SUBMIT AN ARBITRATION OPT-OUT NOTICE.
- Availability and Use Outside of the United States.
The Service is controlled, offered and operated from facilities in the United States. Center For Yoga makes no representations that the Service is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Service from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are entirely responsible for compliance with local law, including but not limited to export and import regulations. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, all materials found on the Service are solely directed to individuals located in the United States. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Center For Yoga retains all rights, including all Intellectual Property Rights, to the Service and the Content therein, throughout the world.
- Notification Procedures.
Center For Yoga may provide notifications, whether such notifications are required by law or are for marketing or other business related purposes, to you via email notice, written or hard copy notice, or through conspicuous posting of such notice on our website, as determined by Center For Yoga in our sole discretion. Center For Yoga reserves the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to our Users, provided that you may opt out of certain means of notification as described in this Agreement.
- Notice to California Users.
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California website users are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 1625 N. Market Blvd., Suite S-202, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement, together with any other legal notices and agreements published by Center For Yoga via the Service, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and Center For Yoga concerning the Service.
- No Waiver. Center For Yoga’s failure to assert any right or provision under this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision, and no waiver of any term of this Agreement shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term.
- Headings. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
- Assignment. This Agreement, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by Center For Yoga without restriction.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
If you have any questions regarding this Agreement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.